SEO is evolving continuously, and there are several ways to attract the right traffic to your Shopify online store. Whether you are a new business owner setting up your Shopify store or someone who has experienced success with it multiple times, it is hard to keep up with the constant changes. You can always <get in touch with us> and simplify the process of developing a robust SEO strategy for higher traffic to your store.
Here are 6 easy tips to boost your Shopify SEO.
- Create natural and contextual content: You should optimize your content for readers(users) first and then for search engines. Creating content with a human touch that sounds natural makes it more consumable. Overusing targeted keywords(keyword stuffing) for ranking higher is a strict no-no. Google and other search engines can devalue you. Use keywords wisely and tie up your content using plain language and shorter sentences.
- Make Use of Secondary Keywords: Secondary keywords are keywords or phrases that are closely associated with the primary search term(keyword) you’re trying to target with your page. Together, they help Google to understand the overall topic of any webpage.
- Enhance Your Site Speed: Did you know that websites having a 10-second-loading time or above have a bounce rate of 123%? Longer page loading times make you lose users. To boost Shopify SEO and improve user experience, you will need a faster website. A few ways to increase your site speed include decreasing photo size, removing unnecessary plug-ins, decluttering widgets, and reducing pop-ups.
- Revamping and Updating Old Content: Content freshness is a ranking factor for many search engines like Google. To them, a periodic refresh looks greater than brand new page content on the same topic. This process of change also gets more backlinks to your website and helps grow and maintain consumer trust, turning into brand loyalty.
- Use Relevant Meta Descriptions: These aren’t a real ranking factor but can heavily influence the click-through rate. Meta descriptions are visible on the SERPs when users search for you or a keyword of common interest. This is how search engines introduce you to your target audience. If they find it interesting and valuable, they will click and check you out further.
- Crosslinking and Backlinking: By just looking at the link structure, search engines like Google know which page(s) are important on your website. Crosslinking is when all of your pages link to one specific page. Search engines then view that page as extremely important to your site. Backlinks are links pointing to one of your pages from another website.
Boosting SEO may be a challenging task but is worth the effort. Your long to-do lists as business owners might not provide you with enough time to pursue this. But with our Shopify SEO expertise and our other Shopify development services, you’ll be at the top of your game.